They often do better when their environment is structured and predictable. Transitioning to junior high, high school, post-secondary education or the workforce brings change into the ADHD families’ lives. Youth with ADHD may struggle to meet the increased demands in their new environment.
This section provides resources to help families plan ahead for transitions so that these times are less stressful for youth and their parents.
- Transitioning to Post-Secondary. CanLearn Society. (Podcast)
- Transitioning to Post-Secondary. CanLearn Society. (PDF)
- Transitions: Moving to Junior High. Calgary Board of Education. (PDF)
- Bow Valley College Learner Success Services. Bow Valley College. (Website)
- Alberta College of Art and Design Accessibility Services. ACAD. (Website)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Accessibility Services. SAIT. (Website)
- University of Calgary Accessibility Services. University of Calgary. (Website)
- Mount Royal University Accessibility Services. Mount Royal University. (Website)
- Occupational Profiles. ALIS. Government of Alberta. (Website)
- Transition Planning. ALIS. Government of Alberta. (Website)
- Financial Aid and Scholarships. Centre for ADHD Awareness, Canada (CADDAC). (Website)
- Scholarships and Bursaries. ALIS. Alberta Government. (Website)