Individuals with ADHD have trouble with executive functions and we see this show up in the difficulties they have on a daily basis. Arriving late for school or appointments, forgetting to hand in assignments – or complete them, failing to follow instructions, blurting out comments in class, and unfinished tasks. Sound familiar?
This section provides information about executive functions and how ADHD affects them.
- Executive Functions. (Podcast)
- Time Management. (Podcast)
- Routines. (Podcast)
- ADHD and Working Memory. (Podcast)
- Self-Regulation Group for Kids. (Podcast)
- The Important Role of Executive Functioning and Self-Regulation in ADHD. Dr. Russell Barkley. (PDF)
- Ten Tips for Impulse Control. Russell Barkley. (PDF)
- ADHD and Executive Function. Dr. Russell Barkley (YouTube)
- Brain Games are Bogus. The New Yorker. (PDF)