Family literacy training and professional development workshops have been delivered to over 2,000 professionals in Alberta including family literacy practitioners, early childhood educators, preschool teachers and family support workers.
- Magic Carpet Ride – recognized provincial literacy model
- Building Readers through Family Literacy
- Early Literacy Strategies for Preschool English Learners and their Families
- Working with Immigrant and Refugee Families: Research to Practice
- Supporting Parents to Engage in their Child’s Learning Series:
- Helping Children with Reading
- Helping Children with Writing
- Helping Children with Math
- Helping Children Develop Strong Study and Organizational Skills
For more information about family literacy training, please contact Nada Jerkovic, Manager, Family Literacy at 403-686-9300 Ext. 128 or email.
Rising to the Reading Challenges of Adult Learners: Practitioner’s Toolkit