- Reading is the foundation for success throughout the school years. Consequently, success in reading is critical for children.
- Grades 1 and 2 are a critical window of oppurtunity for learning to read. Children who successfully learn to read in the early primary years of school are well prepared to read in the years to come.
- Children who continue to struggle past Grade 3 are at a serious disadvantage.
- The program is offered at a school once a week over a period of six weeks.
- The program is offered in a small group format. This allows the program facilitator to consider the individual needs and interests of participating children.
- Activities are interactive, fun and designed to foster excitement about learning and developing reading skills.
- Parents are welcome to attend and become involved in the program.
- Children use and practice early reading skills through fun activities and games.
- Children develop positive learner identity.